Rules & Regulations
- The Derby runs from 12:01 am Friday May 17th to 1:00 pm Sunday May 27th 2019.
- The entry fee is $35 single, $70 family (2 adults- 2 children 17 yrs and under) One paid entry allows entry of all legally caught eligible fish into the derby, provided entrant was registered in the derby at least one calendar day before attempting to enter any fish.
The one exception to this rule is authorized charter operators who are allowed to sell tickers to their clients on the day of the charter. These tickets must be deposited at the weigh station prior to commencement of the charter. Saturday, Kids day tickets are $2.00. To participate on kid’s day, you must have a valid derby ticket or have purchased the Saturday kids day ticket. This is valid only on Saturday, May 26, 2018. This ticket allows all individuals with a valid ticket, on the boat on kid’s day to be eligible for derby prizes. Limit of 2 kids per adult with a derby ticket holder.
- The eligible waters for this derby include all waters legally open from Southampton Lighthouse to International Border to the west. East- on the Saugeen River to the legal boundary Denny’s Dam. South boundary is Point Clark.
- All fish entered must be weighed at the official weigh stations located in Kincardine Harbour and Inverhuron Provincial Park. Official derby tickets must be presented each time a fish is weighed in.
- The Kincardine Weigh Station will be open daily from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
The Inverhuron Park Weigh Station will be open daily from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM except each Friday and Saturday when it will be open from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Both Stations Close Sunday May 27, 2018 at 12:00 PM (Noon) Sharp.
- A fish may be entered only once and will be disqualified from re-entry by having a hole punched in the gill plate at the weigh stations.
7. Only fish that are whole – not gutted maybe be entered in the derby- Fish with a snag, foul hook marks, gaff or gill net marks- even if taken legitimately by the contestant will not be accepted.- Fish that are or have been frozen, badly deteriorated or washed out looking will not be accepted. The Decision of the Derby Committee is final.
- Organizers may hold any fish for biological examination. All fish in contention for a major prize must be presented for this examination- and for promotional pictures at the closing ceremony.
- Any fish- after examination by a biologist that fails to exhibit a contaminant profile reasonably consistent with profile data obtained by Environment Canada will be deemed ineligible.
- It will be mandatory for all contestants eligible for prizes to sign a sworn affidavit before a Commissioner of Oaths- that the fish entered was caught within the rules of the contest The Derby Committee shall have power to disqualify for any reason or suspicion that there has been a breach of rules.
- Ranking of fish will be based on gross weight on the individual fish entered. In the case of a tie- the first fish weighed will be placed ahead.
- Eligibility while fishing in a boat: Anglers MUST ENSURE that ALL persons aboard have a valid derby registration. If any person is on board without a valid derby registration- all fish brought aboard the vessel will be deemed ineligible for entry into the derby and would not qualify for a prize.
- All prizes must be accepted as presented. All prize winners agree to execute a release in favour of the sponsors.
- Participants agree to abide by the regulations of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources under the Fish and Game Act.
- It is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to release the organizers, sponsors and Derby Committee from any and all claims for damages or liability of any nature whatsoever caused at the time.
- The organizers reserve the right to amend, add to, remove or otherwise change any of the rules and regulations without prior notice if it is deemed by them to be in the best interest of all parties in the derby.
- Entries are restricted to Salmon, Trout, (rainbow, brown, lake trout or splake). Contestants may enter as many fish as they wish- however no fish will be eligible for more than one prize in each category
- Prizes: To be announced
- PRIZES NOT PICKED UP BY AUGUST 31st 2018 WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE FISH KINCARDINE DERBY.